Term Dates and Fees 2018
- Term 1 Monday, January 29 to Friday, April 13 (11 Weeks)
- Term 2 Monday, April 30 to Friday, July 6 (10 Weeks)
- Term 3 Monday, July 23 to Friday, September 28 (10 Weeks)
- Term 4 Tuesday, October 15 to Friday, December 14 (9 Weeks)
In the event that the lesson cannot take place at the school/off campus location due to closure i.e. Pupil free day or school holiday, lessons will be held at Murray Conservatorium at the original scheduled time, unless a variation has been arranged with the teacher prior to the event.
Individual Tuition Per Lesson
All fees are stated in Australian Dollars (AUD) and are GST exclusive unless stated otherwise.
30 minutes per week $34.00
45 minutes per week $51.00
60 minutes per week $68.00
Video Conferencing Lessons
Lessons for specialised instruments provided through Video Conferencing technology. Fee on application.
Shared Tuition (2-5 students) Per Term
30 minutes per week $200.00
45 minutes per week $304.00
Class Tuition (6+ students) Per Term
30 minutes per week $82.50
45 minutes per week $124.00
60 minutes per week $165.00
Casual Lessons (Individual) Per Lesson
30 minutes $38.00
45 minutes $57.00
60 minutes $76.00
Early Childhood Music Per Term
45 minutes per week $124.00
60 minutes per week $165.00
A material fee may apply; prices to be advised.
Early Childhood Music will run to a 10 week program as per term dates above. Music classes for new born to 7 years old.
Musicianship/Ensemble Per Term
1 Musicianship/1 Ensemble $85.00
This fee entitles each student to attend a Musicianship Class and one ensemble per term or two ensemble activities per term.
Additional Ensemble activities $42.50
(Applicable only after enrolment in musicianship/ensemble)
21C Orchestra, Big Band, Cello Ensemble, Chamber Orchestra, Concert Band, ConChordia, ConRockers, ConShamrockers, Flautissimo, Goodies, Jazz Ensemble, Little Voices, MC Orchestra, Mezzo Strings, Mr Jo, Musicianship. Newbies, Offbeats, Rockatoos, Saxophonics, Showtime! Junior, Still Got the Blues, TrebleMakers, Ukulele Ensemble, Violin/Viola Ensemble, Voice Consort.
Instrument hire is available on a range of instruments, subject to availability.
Fees available on application.
Terms and Conditions
- An enrolment becomes valid and lessons can commence upon receipt of invoice and confirmation of enrolment issued by Murray Conservatorium Office.
- An enrolment remains valid from the commencement date as per the confirmation of enrolment, until notification of withdrawal. (See Student Withdrawal).
- Enrolment is based on the term dates as published by the Murray Conservatorium.
- In those cases, where a student is undecided/unsure about commencing study in a particular instrument, a 30 minute trial lesson can be arranged with an appropriate member of staff to discuss the student’s needs and aspirations.
- Except when a teacher’s services are engaged on a casual basis and the casual lesson fee is paid, lessons are arranged on the basis of continuous tuition.
- It is the responsibility of the account holder to notify the Murray Conservatorium Office of any changes to the student’s enrolment details.
- Murray Conservatorium is not responsible for students outside of the students’ lesson time.
- Murray Conservatorium reserves the right to review and implement changes to fees at any time.
- An invoice for fees will be raised at the beginning of each term for all enrolled students.
- Fees are on a term basis and payable within seven days of the date of invoice.
- In the event of financial hardship, please contact the office to discuss payment plans and/or fee assistance.
- All costs associated with the recovery of unpaid fees are deemed to be the responsibility of the debtor. Statements will be sent after 30 days. Outstanding fees after this time may result in legal action being taken.
- Any student with outstanding fees from a previous term may be withdrawn at the discretion or the Murray Conservatorium. Students may only re-enrol if accounts are paid in full or an approved payment schedule implemented; in this case, it may not be possible to provide the student with the same lesson time, day or teacher.
- Murray Conservatorium reserves the right to charge an admin fee of $15 for every incident of rescheduling after the commencement of the term. This fee may be waived at the discretion of the Murray Conservatorium.
Missed Lessons/Refund Policy
- Murray Conservatorium is not responsible for any lessons missed due to school activities i.e. exams, an excursion or camp which prevents a student attending the lesson.
- Murray Conservatorium is not responsible for any lessons missed due to schools rescheduling lessons.
- No credits or refunds are given if a student misses a lesson. Tutors are not obligated to offer make-up lessons. Appeals may be made in writing to the CEO at email@example.com
- If a tutor is unable to teach a lesson, every effort will be made to offer a credit or make-up lesson, although this lesson may be on a different day and/or time. If a make-up lesson is accepted and the student does not attend, no credit or refund will be provided.
- Murray Conservatorium reserves the right, when possible, to supply a substitute tutor if the original tutor is unavailable. In this instance, you will be notified via email.
- Approved credits for students will be applied to the student’s account, request for refund of account credit amounts are to be made in writing with details of preferred method of payment.
Delivery of Lessons
- Lessons are provided at location as per enrolment confirmation.
- Murray Conservatorium main campus is located at 502 Dean St, Albury.
- Murray Conservatorium arranges for tuition to be held at various participating schools and off campus locations in the area.
- Students undertaking lessons at these schools/off campus locations are subject to the same regulations as those attending lessons at Murray Conservatorium, these include term dates and missed lesson regulations.
- In the event that the lesson cannot take place at the school/off campus location due to closure i.e pupil-free day or school holiday, lessons will be held at Murray Conservatorium at the original scheduled time, unless a variation has been arranged with the teacher prior to the event.
Change of Teacher/Day/Time/Instrument/Venue
- Can be arranged at any time in consultation with an Administrative Officer and may incur an admin fee of $15. Group/Class Tuition
- The composition of groups can be changed during the course of a term.
- Murray Conservatorium reserves the right to cancel any group or class with insufficient enrolment, or to place any group or class in a different fee category if student numbers alter at the completion of the term.
- Two weeks notification is required for any withdrawal.
- Notification of withdrawal must be given in writing to the Murray Conservatorium office.
- Withdrawal is valid two weeks from the date of receipt at the Murray Conservatorium Office or in the event that advanced notice is being given (two weeks or greater) from date of last lesson.
- The Murray Conservatorium reserves the right to withdraw students from lessons after 4 missed lessons and no contact from the account holder explaining the absences.
Murray Conservatorium reserves the right to review and implement any changes to its Terms and Conditions at any time.
Last modified: 9 January 2018