We offer personal lessons for all ages in the musical style of your choice. Whether it’s drums or guitar to play in your own band, music for leisure at home, or training for a classical music career, our expert staff can help you achieve your goals.
- Brass – cornet, trumpet, flugelhorn, trombone, euphonium, horn, tuba
- Drums – modern drum kit or orchestral percussion
- Guitar – acoustic, classical, electric or bass plus lute, banjo, ukulele
- Piano – contemporary or classical styles
- Strings – violin, viola, cello, double bass, harp
- Woodwinds – recorder, piccolo, flute, oboe, cor anglais, clarinet, saxophone
- Voice – classical or contemporary
Learning with others is a great motivator for rapid progress. It’s also less expensive!
Shared lessons of 2 to 5 students can be arranged for some brass, wind and string instruments or guitar. This is a cost effective and fun way to learn in your first year of study.
Get a few friends together and make a great start to your music experience!
- Early Childhood
- Peek-a-Boo Baby (0 to 18 months)
- On the Go (18 months to 3 years)
- Explore & Roar (3 to 5 years)
- FUNdamentals (5 to 7 years)
- Brass – cornet, trumpet, flugelhorn, trombone
- Guitar – acoustic, electric, ukulele
- Strings – violin, viola
- Winds – recorder, flute, clarinet, saxophone
There are also group Musicianship classes for music theory and aural training.
Groups and bands
Whatever instrument you play, we have a group you can join. Experienced conductors organise regular concerts around the region for larger groups. Enjoy performing with others — join a band. ☺
- Brass – 21C, Big Band, Concert Band, MC Orchestra
- Guitars or drums – Con Rockers, Guitar Ensemble, Rockatoos, Still Got The Blues, Ukulele Goes Rock
- Keyboards – 61 Keys, UnConventional
- Percussion – 21C Orchestra, Concert Band, High Wind Area, MC Orchestra, Percussion Ensemble, UnConventional
- Strings – 21C Orchestra, Cello Ensemble, Con Shamrockers, MC Orchestra, Mezzo Strings, UnConventional, Violin & Viola Ensemble
- Voice – B Naturals, Con Chordia, Little Voices, ShowTime, Vocal Consort
- Winds – 21C Orchestra, Big Band, Chamber Ensemble, Concert Band, Con Shamrockers, Flautissimo, MC Orchestra, Treble Makers, UnConventional
At Murray Conservatorium we believe all children deserve equal access to the broad benefits quality music education offers.
Our trained staff deliver music programs, which are sequential and developmentally appropriate for each school stage.
Programs have been designed to meet NESA syllabus outcomes and we can also develop new programs tailored to your school’s specific needs.
All of our staff have working with children checks and undergo mandatory annual child protection training.
In most cases the Murray Conservatorium provides all equipment required for curriculum programs.
Services Murray Conservatorium delivers to schools include:
- Ongoing programs
- One-off workshops
- Concerts (incursion and excursion)
- Professional learning
- HSC and VCE support
- Delivery to remote schools via video conferencing